[Avodah] Questions about mechiyas amalek

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Sep 8 13:06:06 PDT 2017

On Fri, Sep 08, 2017 at 2:55pm EDT, R' Elazar M Teitz wrote:
:      I have seen it attributed to the Gr"a (but don't remember where I saw
: it) that Yoav's rebbi's error was to render the word as "zecher," rather
: than "zeicher," and interpreting the word as the s'michus form of "zachar,"
: just as "k'eshen hakivshan" in Sh'mos 19:18 is s'michus for ashan.

R Mordechai Breuer <www.herzog.ac.il/tvunot/fulltext/mega10_broyer.pdf>