[Avodah] reactionary takanos and gezeiros

Sholom Simon via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Sep 1 15:41:27 PDT 2017

At 06:07 PM 9/1/2017, Micha Berger wrote:
>Jewish: Yichud.
>Contemporary cutlure: NYC PS (I think) and many colleges have a policy
>about a teacher not closing the door when alone with a student of the
>opposite gender.

Thanks -- but I'm looking more for something that is intended to separate
us (us "regular Americans" -- whatever that is) from a people or nation
or ideology that we find distasteful.

An example, actually, just came to mind as I was typing this: when
American changed from the noun of "frankfurter" to "hot dog" during WW-I.
(Or, "freedom fries". Uggh).

I'm looking for a law or practice that *separates/distinguishes" (havdil)
- your example is more like a "fence."