[Avodah] reactionary takanos and gezeiros

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Sep 1 15:07:15 PDT 2017

On Fri, Sep 01, 2017 at 05:03:20PM -0400, Sholom Simon via Avodah wrote:
: I will be in a kiruv situation, and this subject will come up (as we
: are going to have a cholent on shabbos).  I would like to draw some
: sort of analogy between these rabbinical ordinances as reaction and
: something comparable in secular life.

Something so direct, it's not even an analogy.

Jewish: Yichud.

Contemporary cutlure: NYC PS (I think) and many colleges have a policy
about a teacher not closing the door when alone with a student of the
opposite gender.

:-)BBii!