[Avodah] question of interest?

Rich, Joel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Jul 27 10:17:44 PDT 2017

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 01:13:33PM +0000, Rich, Joel via Avodah wrote:
: the Ritva on kiddushin 6b says ribbit (illegal interest) must be returned
: by the lender, but it is not gezel (robbery) or a tikkun lav (as in lav
: hanitak l'aseh). So what is the force that causes the return? Does the
: lender have to give maser ksafim from it??

If it's because the money is owed, then I would think the maaser kesafim
was already accounted for the first time you earned the money.
If it's because of an asei, then perhaps receiving the ribbis back would
be subject to maaser kesafim.

-Micha

-- Agreed-my challenge with the ritva is that he seems to say it is something else (I'm not sure what unless u say it is because of the aseih but not a tikkun for the lav)
KT
Joel Rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.