[Avodah] Two days [was: kitniyot]

Sholom Simon via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Apr 27 19:58:07 PDT 2017

> > I think one reason for keeping two days Shavuos is disagreement in the
> > mesorah over which exact day the Torah was given.

Indeed.  Machlokes over whether it was Sivan 6 or 7.

OTOH, the 50th day could also have fallen on Sivan 5, no?

>The link between Shavuos and Matan Torah is  an artifact of our fixed
>calendar; when kidush hachodesh was going Shavuos was not always on zman
>matan toraseinu.

Leading to an obvious question: did they say "zman matan toraseinu"
when davening if Shavuos wasn't on zman matan toraseinu that year?

(I'm not being snarky -- it's a genuine question)

-- Sholom