[Avodah] Two days [was: kitniyot]

Akiva Miller via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Apr 27 19:12:22 PDT 2017

R"n Toby Katz wrote:

> I think one reason for keeping two days Shavuos is disagreement
> in the mesorah over which exact day the Torah was given.

Yes, there is a disagreement over whether the Torah was given on 6
Sivan or on 7 Sivan. And there are lots of cute vertlach about whether
Shavuos is about *Matan* Torah, or *Kabalas* HaTorah (and whether or
not they happened on the same day).

But the bottom line is the the Torah says Shavuos occurs 50 days after
Pesach. If you know Pesach, then there is absolutely no uncertainty
about Shavuos.

Akiva Miller