[Avodah] Chol Moed Minyan for Those Who Wear Tefillen

Joseph Kaplan via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Apr 25 15:03:43 PDT 2017

"When you have some men wearing tefillin and others not wearing
tefillin in the same minyan on chol hamoed, the presence of each subset
implies that the members of the other subset are transgressing  halacha. This
makes the whole set, with its mutually contradictory  halachic subsets, look
bad from a Heavenly perspective, and potentially brings  down Heavenly judgment."

Far be it for me to know what things look like from a Heavenly perspective. But let me suggest this. Heaven sees different people conscientiously following their family customs and davening together nonetheless in peace and harmony understanding that all are acting out of a love for Torah and, in the sense of shivim panim, not thinking that anyone is a transgressor. And Heaven kaviyachol says, mi keamcha Yisrael.

Just a thought from a different perspective.

Joseph

Sent from my iPhone