[Avodah] Shabbas Hagadol

David and Esther Bannett via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sat Apr 8 10:44:41 PDT 2017

[RCD tried to sneak multiple topics into the same email. For the sake
of threading, I split it and fixed the subject lines.
-micha]

Without commenting on the meaning of Shabbat Hagadol, I'd like to
comment on the "fact" that Shabbat  is feminine and one would have to
say Shabbat Hag'dola.  The Rambam in Hilkhot Shabbat 30:2 says Shhabat
Hagadol.  I then looked in the Bar Ilan Shu"t and found that there are a
dozen other sources for a male Shabbat.

[End of part 1. Now, part 3. -mb]

And then R' Micha on the vayanuchu va, vo and vam in the tefila: There
were three nuschaot. One said Shabbat and va, Another said yom haShabbat
and vo and the third said Shabbatot and vam.

PKvS.

David Bannett