[Avodah] Shabbas Hagadol

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Apr 6 15:07:11 PDT 2017

On Thu, Apr 06, 2017 at 02:46:29PM +0000, Jay F. Shachter via Avodah wrote:
: Haggadol is not an adjective modifying Shabbath, because Shabbath is
: feminine.  No one who speaks Hebrew uses masculine adjectives to
: modify Shabbath, ever (pedantic footnote: except in the fixed
: expression "Shabbath shalom umvorakh", which is said by people who
: do speak Hebrew, but which for other reasons is clearly an idiomatic
: expression that does not follow the rules of grammar, unless you want
: to call it a mistake, which is also fine with me).

What about Shabbos morning, and "veyanuchu vo"? The previous night it
was "vahh".

I agree with your thesis, I am more trying to get from you what the
masculine noun "vo" refers to.

Micha Berger             It isn't what you have, or who you are, or where
micha at aishdas.org        you are,  or what you are doing,  that makes you
http://www.aishdas.org   happy or unhappy. It's what you think about.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                        - Dale Carnegie