[Avodah] Al Zeh Gazru VeAl Zeh Lo Gazru

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Apr 6 08:07:54 PDT 2017

We all assume we can't have new gezerot. Is this really true?

At least according to some opinions bicycles and umbrellas are allowed on
shabbat.
According to RSZA electricity (without a heat or fire) is really allowed on
shabbat and certainly yomtov. Years ago many held that electricity was
allowed on yomtov.
Today we have things like fitbit watches which many feel are allowed on
shabbat.

Yet in practice the poskim prohibit all these things.
Other things are prohbited in davening because it is a slippery slope etc.

In essence these are all new gezerot perhaps without the nomenclature

--
Eli Turkel