[Avodah] Is any meat today kosher?

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Mar 21 19:58:54 PDT 2017

On 21/03/17 19:24, Micha Berger wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 07:01:55PM -0400, Zev Sero wrote:
> : That could only be an issue if we were the only people eating this,
> : or at least a significant sector of those who eat it.  Instead we're
> : a completely insignificant sector, except in EY.  If we were to
> : asser it the farmers wouldn't even notice.
>
> The reason why Tav haYashar and the like make sense is because we own
> an entire industry. If the kosher industry boycotted white veal, it
> would be noticed. Not in the income dept, in marketing.

What does "it would be noticed" mean?  Simply that someone, somewhere,
would be aware we were doing it?  What would be the point of that?
Unless we were a big enough sector to harm the bottom line of those who
are doing whatever it is we might object to, they would have no reason
to stop doing it.

--
Zev Sero                May 2017, with its *nine* days of Chanukah,
zev at sero.name           be a brilliant year for us all