[Avodah] Is any meat today kosher?

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Mar 21 20:04:30 PDT 2017

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 10:58:54PM -0400, Zev Sero wrote:
: >The reason why Tav haYashar and the like make sense is because we own
: >an entire industry. If the kosher industry boycotted white veal, it
: >would be noticed. Not in the income dept, in marketing.
:
:
: What does "it would be noticed" mean?

Noticed by marketing departments, as in the next sentence. Hey, we lost
our contract with Mendy's Heimishe Shlachthois!

When you vote as a block, you get disproportionate say.

Not that I think further discussion of this metzi'us is particularly
productive either.