[Avodah] Kosher for Passover Chocolate Only If Purchased Before Bedikas Chometz!

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Mar 15 12:27:04 PDT 2017

On 15/03/17 14:56, Prof. Levine via Avodah wrote:

> Aside from the fact that the hashgacha is given by Conservative
> clergyman, I do not understand why these items are kosher for Passover
> only if purchased before bedikas Chometz.  Can anyone enlighten me?

What hashgacha?  There is no hashgacha, and none is even *purported* to
exist.   What is cited is a psak from this person that one may eat these
products *without* any certification, because whatever minuscule amount
of chametz might be present was batel lach belach before the issur was
chal, and is not chozer vene'or.   So why before the bedika rather than
before the bi'ur?  Probably a miscommunication, but perhaps a gezera for
people who pay no attention to zmanei hayom.

--
Zev Sero                May 2017, with its *nine* days of Chanukah,
zev at sero.name           be a brilliant year for us all