[Avodah] Kosher for Passover Chocolate Only If Purchased Before Bedikas Chometz!

Prof. Levine via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Mar 15 11:56:39 PDT 2017

Please see

http://shop.equalexchange.coop/pesach

 From this web site

What Makes This Chocolate Kosher for Passover

The products offered through this fundraiser (on this website) are
soy lecithin-free, meaning that they do not contain any soy products
(kitniyot), which are prohibited on Passover for Ashkenazi Jews.
Rabbi Aaron Alexander, Associate Dean, Ziegler School of Rabbinic
Studies at the American Jewish University, has approved them as
Kosher for Passover if acquired before bedikat chametz (the night
before first seder). They are listed in the Conservative movement's
Passover guide under the category of items that do not need a special
Kosher for Passover certification if purchased in advance. They are
also vegan and gluten-free.

Aside from the fact that the hashgacha is given by Conservative
clergyman, I do not understand why these items are kosher for
Passover only if purchased before bedikas Chometz.  Can anyone enlighten me?

YL