[Avodah] Kosher for Passover Chocolate Only If Purchased Before Bedikas Chometz!

Andy Levy-Stevenson via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Mar 20 02:08:42 PDT 2017

> From: Zev Sero via Avodah <avodah at lists.aishdas.org>
>

> What hashgacha?  There is no hashgacha, and none is even *purported* to
> exist.   What is cited is a psak from this person that one may eat these
> products *without* any certification, because whatever minuscule amount
> of chametz might be present was batel lach belach before the issur was
> chal, and is not chozer vene'or.   So why before the bedika rather than
> before the bi'ur?  Probably a miscommunication, but perhaps a gezera for
> people who pay no attention to zmanei hayom.

I have absolutely no idea of their KFP status, beyond what's written in
this thread.

But a brief investigation shows that the chocolate is certified kosher
(presumably year-round).

http://shop.equalexchange.coop/chocolate/chocolate-bars/organic-extreme-dark-chocolate.html
"Kosher Pareve Certified in Switzerland by Rabbi Abraham Hochwald, Chief
Rabbi of the Northern Rhine-Germany."

http://shop.equalexchange.coop/chocolate/chocolate-bars/organic-milk-chocolate.html
"Kosher Dairy Certified in Switzerland by Rabbi Abraham Hochwald, Chief
Rabbi of the Northern Rhine-Germany.

The text about certification links through to this page:
http://kosher-germany.com/koshergermany/en/

I've never heard of this kashrut agency ... but that means very little,
I've no doubt that there are hundreds of agencies that are unknown to me.

--
Andy Levy-Stevenson