[Avodah] The Many Facets of Asarah B'Teves

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Jan 6 08:49:47 PST 2017

On 06/01/17 03:40, Professor L. Levine via Avodah wrote:
> For example, exclusive to this fast is that it is the only one that
 > we do actually observe as a fast on a Friday. Even Tisha B’Av, which
> commemorates the  actual destructions of our Batei HaMikdash, gets
 > pushed off.

Not true.  We never push off a fast because it's on a Friday (except Yom
Kippur).  It's just that none of the other major fasts ever happen to
fall on a Friday.   If they did, there is no question at all that we
would fast.  Minor fasts, such as the fasts observed by the Chevraya
Kadishaya, *can* fall on Friday, and when they do they are completed.

--
Zev Sero                May 2017, with its *nine* days of Chanukah,
zev at sero.name           be a brilliant year for us all