[Avodah] R' Nissim Karelitz's Beis Din: Kohanim cannot fly from Ben Gurion

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Oct 31 10:56:25 PDT 2016

> <<Then there was the posek who recommended lighting
> chanukah candles on a plane for a short time not withstanding the risks
> involved and that it is against all regulations.

I personally know someone who asked the crew's permission, which was
readily granted; she lit openly in the galley, with full pirsumei nissa,
and has the photos to prove it.  >>

No problem with the crew's permission (though it seems to be against
regulations)
The psak I saw said explicitly to light without permission and to put it
out when the crew demands it

--
Eli Turkel