[Avodah] questions about krias hatefillah

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Nov 10 03:17:50 PST 2016

<<And even at the end of the 2nd Beis haMiqdash, the chasimos of Shemoneh
Esrei were established, but the bodies of each berakhah was pretty
free-form. Just make sure that the body closes with me'ein hachasimah. >>

minor quiblle - I would put it a little later. Rabban Gamliel and Shmuel
Hakatan after churban habayit are still working on the nusach. Lamalshinim
is added later

As to piyut - my experience is that there are loads of different customs as
to which piyutim are said. Many machzorim have piyutim in the midst of
berachot kriat shema but that seems to have fallen by the wayside. As I
previously pointed out our present piyutim on RH/YK are an amalgam of
different piyutim. Whatever common ones exist are only because of the
printing press. I would assume that for rishonim every town had their own
set of piyutim

--
Eli Turkel