[Avodah] tefillin

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Nov 10 03:12:30 PST 2016

<<Again, you're arguing against archeological evidence. We know as
a scertainty that both versions were in common use for well over a
millennium, at least. that is a plurality, a range of options, not
a dispute.>>

I doubt that we have so many ancient tefillin to say anything was in common
use.
Besides there are several ancient tefillin which are quite different from
what we do today. The problem is we don't usually know who these tefillin
belonged to ie what sect they belonged to

--
Eli Turkel