[Avodah] How to teach emuna

Efraim Yawitz via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Aug 15 02:58:21 PDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 7:50 PM, Micha Berger wrote:

>>>    On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 05:35:14PM +0300, Efraim Yawitz wrote:
>>>    : In short, do you really believe that Yoshiahu and Ezra were
convincing
>>>    : people about the origin of the Jewish people...
>>>    :          If so, what did convince them?  If that's what you think,
then I
>>>    : guess the whole thing really is a scam.
>>>
>>>    You're all-or-nothing-ing it. But I do believe that a small core of
>>>    maaminim had to convince the masses that the Torah we have was
dictated to
>>>    Moshe (+/- a few pesuqim at the end) by G-d, that *everyone*
experienced
>>>    the 10 commandments, and other core beliefs that the Kuzari Principle
>>>    would say it is impossible for them to do so.

You are conveniently changing the subject.  I mentioned "the origin of the
Jewish people" and you are writing something about belief "that the Torah
we have was dictated to Moshe", etc.
My whole point was that the "Kuzari Principle" at its most basic level is
only about a shared history rather than specifics of religious belief.  I
see nowhere in Tanach that at any point
there was a difference of opinion about the beginnings of Am Yisrael, only
about what that obligated the individual in.