[Avodah] How to teach emuna

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Aug 15 11:32:22 PDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 12:58:21PM +0300, Efraim Yawitz via Avodah wrote:
: My whole point was that the "Kuzari Principle" at its most basic level is
: only about a shared history rather than specifics of religious belief.  I
: see nowhere in Tanach that at any point

It is about a specific historical claim.... national revelation.
Which is also one specific of religious belief.

R Moshe ben Chaim (mesora.org) argued that rejecting the validity of the
KP as a proof is a rejection of Devarim 4:9-10. That our emunah in Toras
Moshe and Yetzi'as Mitzrayim *must* be founded on the KP.

If one does not believe in or even know about the idea of Torah miSinai,
they cannot possibly believe in or not about the events of its revelation
-- said historical event.

Micha Berger             Good decisions come from experience;
micha at aishdas.org        Experience comes from bad decisions.
http://www.aishdas.org                - Djoha, from a Sepharadi fable
Fax: (270) 514-1507