[Avodah] intelligent design

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Aug 10 04:43:42 PDT 2016

<<To not accept intelligent design is absurd. I am reasonably intelligent
and cannot wrap my head around anyone rational denying it. >>

and the philosophers and scientists on the other side say the identical
thing.
One complaint against ID is that it can't be tested and so is speculation.
Obviously neither side will convince the other.
see eg
http://www.ucsusa.org/scientific_integrity/what_you_can_do/why-intelligent-design-is-not.html

Brings me to inyane d-yoma

Yirrmayahu haNavi prophesizes that Nevuchadnezzar and his son/grandson will
rule over Judea.  Chananiah announces that
within 2 years G-d will destroy the Babylonian empire.

I would imagine that Chananih looked like a very pious individual. How was
a Jew at that time to decide between the two opposing
sides? Today with hindsight we know that Yirmiyahu was the true prophet and
Chananiah was the navi sheker.
However, at the time both sides seem to be legitimate

--
Eli Turkel