[Avodah] intelligent design

Yosef Gavriel Bechhofer via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Aug 10 06:37:56 PDT 2016

I don't believe the philosophers and scientists. A child can understand
Intelligent Design. A child cannot - unless he believes in magic -
understand how inanimate quarks proceed to become complex living creatures.

The article to which you link is a classic "take it on faith from me
because I'm smart and you're not" position paper.

Evolution in the sense of abiogenesis cannot be tested either. Unless
you count the discredited Miller-Ury experiment.

I find the analogy to Yirmiyahu and Chananyah offensive, but that's just
a tactic...

KT,

YGB