[Avodah] intelligent design

Yosef Gavriel Bechhofer via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Aug 9 14:55:43 PDT 2016

To not accept intelligent design is absurd. I am reasonably intelligent
and cannot wrap my head around anyone rational denying it.

It is, indeed, neither the same thing as Creationism and nor evidence of
the authenticity of Judaism.

But the latter flows from it in a rational progression.

KT,
YGB

On 8/9/2016 5:52 AM, Eli Turkel via Avodah wrote:

> from http://www.intelligentdesign.org/whatisid.php  > > some of the arguments of intelligent design include > > >
Irreducible complexity > Fine-tuned Universe > > anthropic principle > >
Hence, I don't understand RYGB comments There are no cogent arguments >
against intelligent design properly understood > > Hence, most
scientists don't accept intelligent design, those that do > say it
doesn't prove that the is a creator and it certainly has > nothing to do
with Torah mi-Sinai and mitzvot > > While these arguments are good for
some baale teshuva it is not the > basis of Judaism > > -- Eli Turkel >