[Avodah] rights of adopted parents

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue May 24 12:38:36 PDT 2016

<<My general take on this topic is that many halakhists bent over backwards
to find solutions to the adoption problems mentioned (e.g. yichud). Perhaps
it was due to the need for orphans to find homes or the human drive for
childless couples to have families(especially when dealing with non-Jewish
adoptions)?  I never found much written about the meta issues and wonder
how much the prevailing conditions of the times influenced the decisions. >>

I believe that Chabad is against adopting babies because of the various
halachic problems.
For example,  there are debates about yichud and how to call the son to the
Torah

see however http://www.chabadtalk.com/forum/showthread.php3?t=1628

--
Eli Turkel