[Avodah] Gebrochts - Flour on Matza - is it denatured, can it become Chamets?

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon May 16 02:58:10 PDT 2016

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 01:43:44AM +1000, Rabbi Meir G. Rabi via Avodah wrote:
: Indeed R Micha says 'Efshar LeVareir!' it is possible to establish the
: facts - and that is precisely what I am asking, because if there no flour
: is detected on the Matza - there is no question and no source for Gebrochts.

... only because you're asking about the problem being prevalent enough
for gebrochts to be assur. Whereas I am arguing that by context, we know
the SAhR's "harbei" means prevalent enough to be worth a chumerah.

And that kind of frequency would require a broad survey. Not sure if
that qualifies as efshar levareir.