[Avodah] Gebrochts - Flour on Matza - is it denatured, can it become Chamets?

Rabbi Meir G. Rabi via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun May 15 08:43:44 PDT 2016

It seems R Micha has erred by not recognising that the risk is NOT about
whether there is flour, of course there is flour - as the SAHaR says
'behold we see with our own eyes' that there is flour on the Matza
the risk is whether the flour that is certainly there on many Matzos - has
been toasted adequately to be denatured and prevented from becoming Chamets
when exposed to water.

Indeed R Micha says 'Efshar LeVareir!' it is possible to establish the
facts - and that is precisely what I am asking, because if there no flour
is detected on the Matza - there is no question and no source for Gebrochts.

Best,

Meir G. Rabi