[Avodah] how to 'fix' a mazer

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun May 15 06:25:05 PDT 2016

<<RZS writes   ...How do you know that?  The Torah says your children from a
nochris are not yours, but where does it say that your children from a
shifcha are not yours?

You are claiming a tremendous chidush l'halacha - that these are actually
his kids. Do you have anyone who says this?

It w appear not, bc they are not mityaches acharav (as a proof - we see that
they are avodim, and not mamzers) >>

There is a major discussion if one has a child who is a mamzer whether he
has fulfilled the mtzvah of pru u-revu or not. Similarly is there a mitzva
for a mamazer to marry a mamzerut to have children
(see minchat chinuch, har tzvi, kovetz shiurim)

BTW I saw an opinion that if a mamzer marries a shifcha and has a child he
doesn't fulfil; pru u-revi but he does fulfill le-shevet yezarah
see a discussion by RAL on pru urevu vs leshevet yetzirah (Hebrew)
http://www.etzion.org.il/he/%D7%9E%D7%A6%D7%95%D7%95%D7%AA-%D7%A4%D7%A8%D7%95-%D7%95%D7%A8%D7%91%D7%95-%D7%95%D7%9E%D7%A6%D7%95%D7%95%D7%AA-%D7%A9%D6%B6%D7%91%D6%B6%D7%AA-%D7%90

--
Eli Turkel