[Avodah] minhag avos

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Apr 20 01:07:55 PDT 2016

a story from years ago

A friend of mine lived near RMF on the lower east side. One year RMF
invited him for seder.
However the friend didn't eat gebrochs but was too polite to tell RMF that
he couldn't come because he was more machmir and so made up some excuse.
Same thing happened the next year.

The third year RMF already realized that something was fishy and explicitly
asked my friend why he wouldn't eat by him. When the friend told him the
real reason RMF said why didn't you tell me right away. He called over 2
guys in the yeshiva and had my friend "matir neder" on the spot and said
now you can eat at my seder.
--
Eli Turkel