[Avodah] Halacha Yomis - Hafrashas challah, disposal

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Mar 7 12:02:33 PST 2016

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 08:54:38AM -0500, Prof. Levine via Avodah wrote:
:> OU Kosher Halacha Yomis
:> Q. How should I dispose of the challah that I separated?
:>            Instead, we have a mitzvah to burn it.

In chu"l (even Suriah), since challah is derabbanan, a kohein who is
tamei where the tu'mah is not migufo MAY eat challah. (SA YD 322:5)
Therefore, It used to be common to give challah to a kohein who is too
young to be a problem of qeri, zav/ah, niddah or yoledes. Lemaaseh the
minhag was below the age of 9. This is still the norm among Teimanim.

Micha Berger             Rescue me from the desire to win every
micha at aishdas.org        argument and to always be right.
http://www.aishdas.org              - Rav Nassan of Breslav
Fax: (270) 514-1507                   Likutei Tefilos 94:964