[Avodah] Mitzvah Kiyumit

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Oct 28 08:45:44 PDT 2015

On 10/27/2015 9:15 PM, Akiva Miller wrote:
> "Rashi explains that it is d'rabanan that they made a
>  gezera on yichud with an unmarried woman, and even an
>  arusah was not allowed until she enters the chupah with a
>  bracha, as it says, 'A kallah without a bracha is assur
>  to her husband like a nidah.'

In this context it needs pointing out that the bracha referred to is *not*
birchas erusin but the 7 brachos of nisu'in.

[Email #2.]

On 10/28/2015 10:16 AM, Micha Berger wrote:
> WRT birkhos hamitzvah, we say berakhos einum me'aqvos. So, the idea that
> he needs the berakhah as part of the matir is not a function of it being
> a birkhas hamitzah; and in fact argues that Rashi holds it is NOT one.

Brachos einan me`akvos is bediavad.  If you did the mitzvah without the
bracha you were yotzei.  It doesn't mean that lechatchila you are allowed
to do it without a bracha.

--
Zev Sero
zev at sero.name