[Avodah] Mitzvah Kiyumit

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Oct 28 10:06:33 PDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 11:45:44AM -0400, Zev Sero wrote:
: On 10/28/2015 10:16 AM, Micha Berger via Avodah wrote:
:> WRT birkhos hamitzvah, we say berakhos einum me'aqvos. So, the idea that
:> he needs the berakhah as part of the matir is not a function of it being
:> a birkhas hamitzah; and in fact argues that Rashi holds it is NOT one.

: Brachos einan me`akvos is bediavad...

Yes, so if this were a birkhas hamitzvah, relations would be mutar
bedi'eved if the berakhah were omitted. This isn't my point, it's the
Ritva's.

(Yes, who then says the iqar berakhah being discussed in Kesuvos is
/after/ nisu'in, not before.)