[Avodah] Mitzvah Kiyumit

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Oct 28 07:33:57 PDT 2015

I just wrote:
: I already posted that the Rambam (Ishus 3:23 "kederekh shemevarkhim al
: kol hamitzvos") says it's a birkhas hamitzvah; the Rosh (Kesuvos 1:12,
: on 7b) says it is a birkhas hashevach.

The Ben Ish Hai (Shoferim shana 1, no. 10-11) considers it a birkhas
hanehenin.

All three categories covered. But we were trying to make sense of the
Rambam in particular.

In any case... given how unique birkhas eirusin is all in all, it has no
power as a ra'ayah. After all, this began as a tangent on a discussion
of whether there are berakhos on mitzvos qiyumos which in turn was a
tangent on a discussion of the mitzvos themselves.

Which may mean it pays to give some focus the mention of leisheiv basukkah
on sitting in a sukkah for things other than sleep or a meal.

Micha Berger             When faced with a decision ask yourself,
micha at aishdas.org        "How would I decide if it were Ne'ilah now,
http://www.aishdas.org   at the closing moments of Yom Kippur?"
Fax: (270) 514-1507                            - Rav Yisrael Salanter