[Avodah] How does Prozbul work?

Ben Waxman via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Sep 13 06:39:14 PDT 2015

In an article reviewing this shmitta, Rav Melamed threw in monkey wrench
that I had never heard before. In calculating the numbers of Jews, the
true number (at least as far as shmitta goes) includes all those people
who are Jewish through maternal descent. Therefore the number of Jews is
much higher than we believe it to be.

In  RM's opinion, shmitta won't be d'Orayata again until the Messiah comes.

Ben