[Avodah] De-Chokifying Arayos (including MZ)

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Aug 12 13:22:33 PDT 2015

On Tue, Aug 04, 2015 at 05:04:47PM +0000, Kenneth Miller via Avodah wrote:
: ... But I find it curious that Chazal set up safeguards to prevent
: the husband from abusing his powers in these areas, and no corresponding
: safeguards prevent the wife from abusing hers.

Given the size of the two porn industries, or the difference between what
"porn" usually refers to and locating smut in a romance novel, I would
think that it's not just Chazal who would conclude the threat of
objectfication is assymetric.