[Avodah] Kaddish Yasom

Joel Schnur via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Jul 20 15:03:46 PDT 2015

Re: Micha's questioning kadish yasom(KY) after kidush levana, the Vilna
Gaon has a shortened version(doesn't he always?) that starts with the
bracha and ends with siman tov. There is no Aleinu, hence no KY. He also
holds that "sh'ain l'harbos b'k'dashim shelo l'tzorech, hence,there is
only once KY per tefila. After the Yom by shachris and after Aleinu by
mincha & maariv. Minhag Ashkenaz is not to say kadish d'rabonan
during/after tefila but only after limud agada. The chasidim adopted the
custom of saying it from the Seforadim and that's how it entered their
ritual.

I remember davening once at the Boro Park nusach HaGra k'vosikin minyan
way back and was struck by the number of KYs that were said. The
gabbai's answer was that it was too difficult to stop the "kadish
zogers" from having their way. B"H, at our Flatbush Nusach HaGra
k'vosikin minyan (Young Israel of Ave K, East 29th and K) under Rav
Aryeh Ralbag guidance, we are have not had to compromise the Nusach
HaGra way of davening. Shachris is 45 minutes before HaNetz every shabos
and YT.
--
Joel Schnur, Senior VP

Tel. 212-489-0600 x204