[Avodah] Tefach Thick Soft Spongy Matza

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Jul 20 09:51:19 PDT 2015

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 03:09:13AM +0300, Rabbi Meir G. Rabi via Avodah wrote:
: Many mistakenly think that we now have an accepted Halachic tradition,
: recorded in the Shulchan Aruch [460:5] to no longer bake Tefach thick Matza
: [10 - 12 cm] as in Talmudic times. This is untrue...

Unless we are holding like the "veyeish la'asos" in the Rama se'if 4.
Neither the se'if nor the explanation "ki ein hareqiqin memaharin
lehachmitz" make a distinction about when the matzah was made.