[Avodah] ..v'imru amen

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Jul 8 08:12:35 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 08, 2015 at 02:09:57AM -0700, Simon Montagu via Avodah wrote:
: I'm not sure where I read this, it might be in the old Birnbaum siddur,
: but anyway there's an explanation that there was a mutual influence
: between the end of SE and the end of Kaddish...

You might have seen it on-list in Apr or Dec 2006, offered by RPMinden.

RSBA offered a different explanation:
> Siddur Otzar Hatefilos, Likutei Maharich, RS Schwab, Boruch She'omar all
> say that we are whispering to the Malochim - that accompany a person all
> the time. [Maybe 'oseh sholom BIMEROMOV' indicates this?] The earliest
> source seems to be Mateh Moshe - which some cite.

> The OH also brings a nusach - IIRC - Machzor [or Siddur] Roma - that
> indeed does not include the 'Ve'imru Omein' at the end of SE.

RPM believes it was a post-facto explanation, giving meaning to a
pratice that really originated in error.

See the subject line at
http://www.aishdas.org/avodah/getindex.cgi?section=T#TO%20WHOM%20ARE%20WE%20WHISPERING%20
and the 3 starting with
http://www.aishdas.org/avodah/getindex.cgi?section=V#VIMRU%20AMEN
in the archive index.

Micha Berger             "I think, therefore I am." - Renne Descartes
micha at aishdas.org        "I am thought about, therefore I am -
http://www.aishdas.org   my existence depends upon the thought of a
Fax: (270) 514-1507      Supreme Being Who thinks me." - R' SR Hirsch