[Avodah] ..v'imru amen

Simon Montagu via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Jul 8 02:09:57 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 6:18 AM, M Cohen via Avodah wrote:
> In various places in dovening, kaddish etc we find the loshon - ..v'imru
> amen.
..
> What I don't understand is at the end of our silent s'esrai.
> Why do we say oseh sholom b'mromav..v'imru amen?
> Who are we saying v'imru amen to?

I'm not sure where I read this, it might be in the old Birnbaum siddur,
but anyway there's an explanation that there was a mutual influence
between the end of SE and the end of Kaddish. SE took on the whole
paragraph "Oseh Shalom ... ve'imru amen" from the end of Kaddish,
and Kaddish took on the three steps backwards from the end of SE (which
makes sense for the STz's Kaddish Titkabbal at the end of the repetition,
but not so much in all other kaddishim)