[Avodah] ..v'imru amen

M Cohen via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Jul 7 06:18:58 PDT 2015

In various places in dovening, kaddish etc we find the loshon - ..v'imru
amen.
Simply understood this is something only said by a sh'ztibur,
as an announcement by the sh'ztibur that the congregation sh answer amen.

In some cases, a yachid says it (ie Kiddush hachodesh, etc) probably
bc we are saying something that originally was said by the sh'ztibur.

What I don't understand is at the end of our silent s'esrai.
Why do we say oseh sholom b'mromav..v'imru amen?
Who are we saying v'imru amen to?

And I don't think it's there bc the silent SE sbe exactly the same
as the sh'ztibur version (since the silent SE is a rehearsal).

Because the silent SE is not a carbon copy of the sh'ztibur version
(for instance - no elokai netzor, SE of fast days are diff, etc)

Mordechai Cohen
mcohen at touchlogic.com