[Avodah] Wine left out

Ben Waxman via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Jul 13 11:10:02 PDT 2015

In SA OH 272:1 the Mechabeir writes that one shouldn't use wine left out
for kiddush (or any type of mitzvah adds the Aruch HaShulchan). The
problem isn't gi'loi'im but the pasuk in Malachi 1:8 which teaches us
not to use Grade B products for mitzvot.  The assumption is that wine
left out goes bad (or gets worse) and therefore it can't be used for
qiddush.

My question is what does one do if you thinking allowing wine to breath
for hours improves the taste? That's been my experience for years. If I
open a bottle Friday evening, the wine definitely tastes better Saturday
morning.

Ben