[Avodah] reviit

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Apr 12 12:01:51 PDT 2015

On 04/12/2015 12:54 PM, Eli Turkel via Avodah wrote:
> 11) In Divrei Yoel the Satmar rebbe is quoted as saying the shiur of reviit is 75 gram (!?)

RACN assumed that the Rambam's dirham was the same as the Ottoman dirham
used in his day, which was 3.1 g.  But there's significant evidence that
the Egyptian dirham of the Rambam's day was slightly smaller, about 2.8 g,
which gives a revi'it of about 75 ml.

--
Zev Sero               I have a right to stand on my own defence, if you
zev at sero.name          intend to commit felony...if a robber meets me in