[Avodah] reviit

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Apr 14 15:41:53 PDT 2015

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 07:54:45PM +0300, Eli Turkel via Avodah wrote:
: In the sefer of Rav Aviner he brings many examples of gedolim who used a
: kiddush cup the size of the shiur of R Chaim Naeh (86 CC) and not CI.
: He says he heard from RSZA that when RCN published his sefer on shiurim the
: rabbis of Yerushalayim were astounded at his chumra !!

Interesting, because I thought that RACN's agenda was to justify the
accepted practice in his local, in EY in the early 20th cent. (Something
I learned on-list 15 years ago.) Minhag Y-m is RACN's shiurim, because
RACN started with the assumption that Minhag Y-m was roughly accuate,
with the Sepharadim being the more precise.

RACN himself was a Lubavitcher chassid of the Yishuva haYashan, born
in Chevron. I do not know why people usually call him "Rav Chaim Naeh",
ommitting his first name "Avraham".

micha at aishdas.org        1 week and 3 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Tifferes sheb'Gevurah: When does strict
Fax: (270) 514-1507                  judgment bring balance and harmony?