[Avodah] KLP Lecithin in chocolate and corn syrup

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Mar 19 17:05:53 PDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 09:39:20AM +1100, Rabbi Meir G. Rabi, its Kosher! wrote:
: Kosher DELIBERATELY or according to a RECIPE, and accordingly chocolate
: with lecithin and drinks sweetened with tiny amounts Kitniyos are Assur
: during Pesach for Ashkenazim, I should like to present the following
: information.

: The MaHARaM of Lublin, Teshuvah 104, Paskens that it is Muttar. Reb Moshe
: YD 2:41 Paskens accordingly.

Even in the case RAM spells out (from his understanding of prior iterations)?

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 02:35:30AM +0000, R Akiva Miller wrote:
> But, our discussion said, this only applies to "approved" products,
> not to "supervised" products. Given the sort of contractual terms which
> exist between the manufacturer and the Jews in *this* paradigm, it is
> very difficult to call the addition of lecithin "after-the-fact", if
> for no other reason than the fact that the manufacturer must submit a
> list of ingredients, and the hechsher will be on the label only if the
> rabbis approve that list BEFORE-the-fact.

> Imagine that you are the machshir, and a manufacturer wants your
> Pesach symbol on his packages of chocolate, and he shows you the list
> of ingredients, which includes lecithin. What do you tell him? If you
> tell him, "This recipe is fine," is that really after-the-fact?

Micha Berger             Man is capable of changing the world for the
micha at aishdas.org        better if possible, and of changing himself for
http://www.aishdas.org   the better if necessary.
Fax: (270) 514-1507            - Victor Frankl, Man's search for Meaning