[Avodah] CONTEMPORARY KITCHEN ISSUES PART I

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Tue Jan 15 13:29:02 PST 2013

On 15/01/2013 1:36 PM, Ben Waxman wrote:
> I don't know why this a contemporary issue. Jews have had non-Jewish
> servants for generations. Someone was coming in at random interval
> to check on them?

Yes.  It was extremely uncommon for the women of the household to be out,
so there was always someone either in the kitchen or near enough to come
in at any moment.

--
Zev Sero               A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and
zev at sero.name          substantial reason' why he should be permitted to