[Avodah] phantom hazals

Simi Peters familyp2 at actcom.net.il
Tue Jan 8 09:05:56 PST 2013

I believe the one about them not changing their clothes is in Shir haShirim Rabba.  If you like, I can check.

Sometimes a seemingly obscure/non-existent midrash is just a different girsa found in a different source.  Sometimes it is a slight misquote that throws people off, and sometimes it is the ganenet's version of a well known source in Hazal.  Very occasionally, you can find a midrash quoted in the rishonim that *we* have no source for, but that they did.

Kol tuv,
Simi Peters