[Avodah] The Future of the Sefer

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Sep 12 10:07:36 PDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 10:17:27PM -0400, cantorwolberg at cox.net wrote:
: In the recent August 30th Jewish Action Magazine, there was a critique
: by Avi Muschel of an article by Gil Student entitled "The Future of
: the Sefer."
: Personally, I feel the fact that Muschel feels "This concession is
: painful and fundamentally problematic. Is it not an article of our
: faith that we must protect Torah from the raging forces of modern
: societal change?"
: is an indication that Muschel doesn't understand the context...

I think he is blurring an important distinction. Quoting myself from