[Avodah] Tzaar Baalei Chayim

cantorwolberg at cox.net cantorwolberg at cox.net
Sun Aug 12 04:44:41 PDT 2012

I don't know who "we" is, since I was never taught this.
So since YOU were never taught this, therefore, it can't be so?
Is it not possible there are m'forshim who taught that the purpose
of shechitah is to cause a painless death to the animal? Are the
musmachim from whom I was taught, all wrong??

Indeed I don't think it was even known that shechitah was painless until
the modern era, when it became possible to attach scanners to animals'
skulls and detect their brain activity.

So assuming it wasn't even known that shechitah was painless, you don't
think HaShem knew? Do you think that was the ONLY thing that wasn't
known by man? So therefore, what does it prove?