[Avodah] Fwd: Rabbi Hershel Schachter - True Freedom

Yosef Gavriel Bechhofer rygb at aishdas.org
Fri May 11 09:25:00 PDT 2012

The CI was niftar sixty years ago. His perspectives and directives
logically need to be reassessed after so many years have elapsed and
societies and situations have changed so much. The problem is that since
his petirah we have not had manhigim making those reassessments (I leave
the question of "why not?" aside for now). To blindly and completely
apply the policies of the CI today is Rabbinic malpractice.

YGB