[Avodah] Daas Torah Rerere...redux - Pesachim 112a

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Fri May 11 09:24:37 PDT 2012

On 11/05/2012 11:34 AM, Micha Berger wrote:
> I pointed to
> Rashi because his rationale about not having invested the time to master
> milei detzibura

But that's not what Rashi says.  That's what *you* say.

> Rashi uses a pair of matching clauses -- milei degirsa and milei detzibura.

No, he doesn't.

> It seems compelling
> to me that he is comparing knowledge vs knowledge. Espesially since the
> word in repetition ("milei") literally means "words of".

Turn that around.  Since he *doesn't* use the language you claim, your
own logic shows that he means the actual work of administration.

--
Zev Sero        "Natural resources are not finite in any meaningful
zev at sero.name    economic sense, mind-boggling though this assertion